Scotland’s Capital City
Edinburgh Castle & the Scottish Crown Jewels
Visit the Scottish Highlands
Royal Residence – Palace of Holyrood House
The Royal Mile
Royal Yacht Britannia
Day 1 – From the airport travel to Leith (10 minutes outside Edinburgh) and board The Royal Yacht Britannia for a guided tour (headsets available in many languages) followed by lunch at Loch Fyne seafood restaurant overlooking the harbour.
Gift shopping at Leith in the Ocean Terminal shopping centre. Reach your hotel, time to relax and prepare for the evening dinner at one of the many top Edinburgh restaurants.
Day 2 – A guided panoramic tour of the city visiting Carlton Hill, Edinburgh Castle, Underground Edinburgh, St. Giles Cathedral, Palace of Holyrood House and taking a walk down the famous Royal Mile.
Lunch will be at a traditional Scottish Pub where you could sample some haggis, in the city centre. Evening dinner with return transport.
Day 3 – Day trip to Stirling, visit the castle, drive through the beautiful scenic Trossachs National Park up the Loch Katrine.
A one hour sail on the loch followed by lunch at a lovely lochside restaurant. Evening dinner with return transport.
There is so much to see and do in Scotland.
If you wanted to add additional days here are some further suggestions:-
- Want to spend longer in the Highlands? Stay overnight in Inverness. No need to rush back the same day.
- Special Evening – Try dinner and whisky tasting at The Scotch Malt Whisky Society in Edinburgh.
- Shopping – Edinburgh has it all. From high street stores to designer boutiques.
- Sail on one of the picturesque lochs in the highlands.
- Royal Botanic Gardens and Edinburgh’s many museums.
- Glasgow just 1 hour away – the shopping is superb!.
- Special Gala Dinner Locations, beautiful iconic buildings to host your final nights dinner.
- Visit one of many whisky distilleries.